Be a part of the Orion Health success story!
We are an energetic, vibrant, adventurous New Zealand based company with a global reach; we have staff, offices and customers all over the world. Our award winning solutions are utilized by leading health organizations. Using the latest technologies to develop health software, we make a positive difference in people's lives.
The results of your work will be used in 25 countries, saving thousands of lives, available on all possible devices and millions of people will be relying on it daily.
About the role
Software Engineer at Orion Health contributes to the development of high performing, cross-functional teams and their peers. They have a breadth and depth of knowledge across the application stack and an in-depth understanding of development tools and techniques that is recognized by their peers. They are a growing expert in their field whose experience, emerging leadership and great communication skills make them a valuable asset to the business and a role model for others in fulfilling Orion Health's purpose. To continue to deliver a superior user experience we need a strong Front End Engineer to build web-based user interfaces in our product suite.
What you’ll do
- Work with other developers and UX designers to bring designs to life as scalable and secure web-based software.
- Create amazing UI to solve business problems in innovative ways.
- Exposure to emerging BIG DATA technologies (Apache Spark, Elastic search, Cassandra, Scala, Java).
- Make recommendations on new tools and technologies to build new software and improve existing software
- Take a lead role and work collaboratively with our internal teams and product owner on design, development, and delivery of our business solutions
- and share knowledge with junior developers
- Work on fast iteration cycles and tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology
We value the creators and doers, so for these roles you'll be an innovative Intermediate/Senior Front-End Developer who constantly explores and contributes back to the front-end development community.
You'll have your head around the abundance of modern front-end technologies and be able to explain the strengths of them to your team and stakeholders while choosing the right combination of tools for the job at hand.
This is a big data domain with complex workflows and data, so you'll be confident exploring new ways of visualizing and interacting with data and system components. There's a lot of interacting functionality that needs to work well, so you'll have the ability to extract and communicate concepts, patterns and components that make the UI comprehensible for end-users and developers.
- Experience building real apps in a modern front-end framework like React, Redux.
- Experience with unit testing principles and tools like Mocha, Karma, Chai.
- Modular development and generic UX principles.
- Practical knowledge of design patterns and principles of clean code.
- An understanding of web components, and how they can be put to work in real applications.
- Experience with REST web services
- Exposure to AWS
- Knowledge in Healthcare Domain & Public health is a bonus
In return Orion Health offers:
- Competitive salary packages
- 20 days of annual leave
- 90% Medical, Dental & Vision Premium bond by Orion Health
- High-end hardware to work with
- Flexible, social and professional company culture
- Learning and Career growth prospects
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas or consider contract resources at this time.