Be a part of the Orion Health success story!
We are an energetic, vibrant, adventurous New Zealand based company with a global reach; we have staff, offices and customers all over the world. Our award winning solutions are utilized by leading health organizations. Using the latest technologies to develop health software, we make a positive difference in people's lives.
The results of your work will be used in 25 countries, saving thousands of lives, available on all possible devices and millions of people will be relying on it daily.
About the role
An Intermediate Software Engineer at Orion Health contributes to the development of high performing, cross-functional teams and their peers. They have a breadth and depth of knowledge across the application stack and an in-depth understanding of development tools and techniques that is recognized by their peers. They are a growing expert in their field whose experience, emerging leadership and great communication skills make them a valuable asset to the business and a role model for others in fulfilling Orion Health's purpose - to revolutionize global healthcare by optimizing the algorithms of life.
What you’ll do
- Work on emerging BIG DATA technologies (Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Scala and Java).
- Write amazing code to solve business problems in innovative ways.
- Work with other developers and UX designers to bring designs to life as scalable and secure web-based software.
- Work collaboratively with our internal teams and product owner on design, development and delivery of our business solutions.
- Tackle complex infrastructure challenges with creative automation and configuration management solutions; help improve and expand the coverage of deployment automation.
- Coach and share knowledge with junior developers.
- Create effective technical documentation.
- Work on fast iteration cycles and tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology.
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have an in-depth understanding of development tools and techniques. Identify and apply software related patterns.
- Deal with project situations by considering commercial implications, standards, legislation and relevant solutions from experience.
- Are self-organizing and enjoy working in an environment with substantial personal responsibility and autonomy within a clearly defined framework of accountability.
- Are a growing expert in your field whose experience, emerging leadership and superior communication skills have made you a valuable business asset and a role model for your teammates.
- Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships through accurate, timely and clear communication to People Leaders, colleagues, teams and customers.
- Are comfortable working in AWS and understand the unique performance and operational characteristics of applications that run there.
- Exhibit a strong, personal commitment to quality while adhering to development and test best practices.
- Are well-versed in one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies with an emphasis on SCRUM, Kanban and Lean.
Essential: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ Years Software Development experience - programming in relevant technologies like Java, Scala and Java Script
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience building real apps in a modern front-end framework like React, Redux.
- Experience with unit testing principles and tools like Mocha, Karma, Chai
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies – Apache Spark, Elastic Search, Cassandra or similar.
- Solid experience with Amazon Web services and Continuous Integration tools.
- Knowledge in Healthcare Domain and Public health is a bonus.
In return Orion Health offers:
- Competitive salary packages.
- Corporate benefits (paid medical, dental and vision premiums).
- High-end hardware to work with.
- Flexible and social, but professional company culture.
- Career growth.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas or consider contract resources at this time.
Don’t delay, apply now!
Orion Health Inc, is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.